Friday, March 23, 2007

Old school, new style

After going about our group-psychology activity Patricia and I were in search of somewhere to prepare our report, and pretty much the only place within walking distance from the school we visited was this small and oldfashioned coffeeshop that catered to regulars that lived in the retirement home nextdoor. This small joint lies in the intersection of Gamla Uppsalagatan and Svartbäcksgatan so there is a lot of cars passing, but these rarely stop here, and when they do It's just to get some cake that they have ordered in advance. So what's the point? Ah, the point is that this place is severely unhip, it's way off from the central business district, and it has a clientele with a median age of 75 and I, still get all my skype and messenger icons flashing when i boot my computer here. I think that it is beautiful when the connected society is so integrated in the old society so that I can sit here editing my files and blog and enjoy my Latte while surrounded by 78 year olds sipping their small cups of black coffee.

No comments: